BRIANT COMMUNICATIONS (SUSSEX) LTD
Briant Communications (Sussex) Ltd- Registered in England No: 9265345
Reg Office: Unit 3, Stanford Square, Worthing, BN11 3EZ
Vat No: 197772740
Briant Communications can, upon request produce evidence of valid and current Public Liability & Products Liability with cover to the value of £5,000,000 and Employers Liability with cover up to £10,000,000. Risk Assessments and Method Statements can be produced upon order of work placed as/when required. Briant Communications Field Engineers are CRB checked and fully trained up to NVQ Level 3. The Company reserves the right to refuse to carry out any works it deems to risk the health or safety of its employees. Unless stated, all works completed and paid for carry a standard 12 months warranty against faulty workmanship or products. Briant Communications decision is final. Information correct as of April 2013.
We propose to offer a good after service to all customers, who have a genuine fault, but we reserve the right to charge a fee from
£35 inclusive of VAT where we are called back and there is no product failure or engineering fault found.
Standard Terms and Conditions of Business
- In the following paragraphs the Company shall mean Briant Communications (Sussex) Ltd of 10 Robson Road, Worthing, BN12 4EF and shall include its Authorised employees and / or representatives and the Customer shall mean any person, company or organisation which places an order on the Company for the supply of materials and / or services will be subject to the following conditions which shall form the basis of the Contract between the Company and the Customer. Any additional conditions which shall reserve the right to decline to accept them if they be inconsistent with the conditions as set out herein.
Equitable and beneficial ownership of the goods supplied shall remain with the Company until full payment has been received.
By accepting the supply of goods or services the Customer gives right of access to the Company to enter upon the property for the sole Purposes of carrying out the work ordered. The Customer further gives irrevocable right of access to the Company to remove such goods should payment not be received by the Company in accordance with the stated trading terms. Where the Customer does not own the property, it is the Responsibility of the Customer to obtain such permission from the owner and the Customer warrants that such permission has been obtained.
- The Company undertakes to make good any damage caused directly to the property by the execution of the work under this order provided that the Company is notified of such damage within Seven days and given reasonable opportunity to inspect the damage prior to repairs being carried out. The Company shall be under no liability for such damage unless this condition is strictly observed.
- The Company undertakes to maintain insurance cover against Public and Employers Liability for an amount not less then £5,000,000 in any One Claim.
- The Company reserves the right to decline to carry out work which in its sole judgement is considered to be unsafe
- The Company guarantees the work carried out against poor Workmanship or faulty Materials only for a period of Twelve Months or such longer period am may be agreed between the Company and the Customer. The Company cannot guarantee the Quality of reception, as this is Dependent on factors outside its control. However, every effort will be made by the Company to ensure that reception obtained is as good as prevailing local factors allow. The Company cannot guarantee against damaged caused by software failure (i.e. Sky box reboot required,) vandalism, gales e.g. gusts over 55mph, storms, lightening or static electricity, power failure or Breakdown in machinery.
- Sky Installations: A standard set-up charge will be payable when you place your equipment order. Details of standard installation charges for your sky equipment / installation are dependent on the offer available to you at the time of your order. All offers are valid for 28 days ONLY from the time you receive your viewing card. Additional charges will be payable if your installation is not standard, e.g. it requires additional cabling, brackets or mounts, additional labour / large ladder use etc. You will be responsible for obtaining any consent you require to install your digital dish & equipment in your home, e.g. landlord’s consent if you live in a rented property. If you live in a block of flats with a communal satellite system and you do not have more than one satellite feed / connection in your home you will not be able to take Multiroom. You will also be unable to use the full recording functionality of any Sky + HD box.
- The Company draws to the attention of the Customer the following recommendations of the BBC regarding the installation of UHF aerials in lofts. “The television and radio transmitter networks have been carefully planned to make the best use of the frequencies available. The plan assumed that a good aerial mounted outside will be used for the television or VHF stereo radio in the home. Loft mounted aerials may sometimes be suitable for VHF stereo radio, but indoor aerials are never recommended for television”. Although the Company will make every effort to obtain satisfactory reception, it cannot guarantee the results from the aerials so sited.
- In general the Company will direct aerials towards the transmitter designated by the BBC and ITC to service the area in which the property is situated. Where the Customer specifically requests reception from an out of area transmitter the Company will make every effort to obtain satisfactory reception but reserves the right to make a service charge if reception proves unacceptable.
- Except for approved trade accounts, terms are strictly COD. At its sole discretion the Company may invoice the Customer for works carried out. In these circumstances the Customer will be charged the manufacturers full-recommended retail prices. All such invoices are strictly net and unless otherwise agreed by the Company are due for payment with 30 (Thirty) Days of the invoice date.
- The terms of any order to which these conditions relate shall in all respects to constructed and operate in conformity with the Law of England/Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland and the relevant Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine all questions or matters relating hereto or arising herefrom.
- Any dispute under or arising out of any Order accepted by the Company which cannot be satisfactorily resolved between the Company and the Customer shall be referred to an independent Arbitrator to be appointed by the Chairman of the Confederation of Aerial Industries Limited and the finding of the Arbitrator so appointed shall be binding on both parties.
- Where a MATV, SMATV or Satellite IF System has been installed, the Company shall provide the Customer with a commissioning report to record at the headend and at the various points throughout the development.
- Systems shall comply with all relevant Health and Safety Standards including BS EN 50083-1 and where these Standards are not included on the specification, the Company shall advise the Customer on such applicable Standards.
- Any time quoted for delivery / performance is estimated and not a guarantee. The Company cannot accept responsibility for inconvenience due to cancellation / postponement of the said appointment due to circumstances beyond its control.